BELIT - Bioethics Literature Database
BELIT is an integrated bibliographic database developed by the German Reference Centre for Ethics in the Life Sciences (DRZE, Bonn) and operated in co-operation with the Information and Documentation Centre on Ethics in Medicine (IDEM, Göttingen), the International Centre for Ethics in the Sciences and Humanities (IZEW, Tübingen), the Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University (Kennedy Institute of Ethics (KIE), Washington, DC) and the Centre de documentation en éthique (CDE, Comité consultatif national d'éthique, Paris).
BELIT provides access to approx. 530,000 records from the integrated German, American and French databases. It is an extensive bibliographic directory of literature in the area of bioethics unique world wide, containing references to monographs, grey literature, legal documents, journal articles, newspaper articles and book contributions.
The co-operation partners contribute the following segments to BELIT:
- DRZE: catalogue of the specialist library and documentation centre (location code: DRZE)
- IDEM: database ETHMED containing references to literature available at the specialist library and documentation centre (location code: IDEM)
- IZEW: database LEWI containing the catalogues of the IZEW library and the library of the Chair for Ethics in the Life Sciences at the University of Tübingen (location code: IZEW and IZEW-LEB)
- KIE: databases of the Bioethics Research Library at Georgetown University (location code: KIE)
- CDE: database of the specialist library and documentation centre (location code: CDE)