European Network of Research Ethics Committees - EUREC
Creation of a European Network of Research Ethics Committees - EUREC
- Representatives from national associations of RECs decided to work together in order to maintain and develop high quality standards in the protection of human subjects in Europe.
- They committed themselves to create a network of national networks of RECs, called EUREC, open to national associations of RECs or to national RECs.
- The purpose of the network is to facilitate exchanges of knowledge, know-how and information, to disseminate teaching material among members and to be the interlocutor of the European Commission for aspects regarding local implementation of directives.
- Another purpose will be to conduct research on research (i.e. research on characteristics of biomedical research conducted on human beings), based on the activity of RECs, in order to facilitate understanding on what is ongoing and developed.
- An interactive website (www.eurecnet.org) will be created to share information and materials.
- To facilitate the achievement of the network's basic objectives, the founders will seek support via public funding from their individual national authorities as well as from the European Commission.
- Dirk LANZERATH, Executive Manager, German Reference Center for Ethics in the Life Sciences, Germany
- Michael FUCHS, Institut für Wissenschaft und Ethik, Germany
- Eugenijus GEFENAS, Lithuanian Bioethics Committee, Lithuania
- Jozef GLASA, Slovak Medical University, Slovacia
- Ritva HALILA, National Advisory Board on Health Care Ethics, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finnland
- Anneke JENSMA-NIEUWPOORT, Dutch Association of Research Ethics Committee, The Netherlands
- Dominique SPRUMONT, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Contact person at DRZE
Dr. Dirk Lanzerath
email@example.com +49 (0)228 3364 1930 +49 (0)228 3364 1940