Welcome to DRZE
The German Reference Centre for Ethics in the Life Sciences (DRZE) is a national documentation and information centre covering the entire field of ethics in the biomedical sciences in Germany. It serves the purpose of
- scientifically compiling and providing in various formats the normative foundations of a qualified judgment formation;
- preparing and allocating information from various fields concerning the current bioethical discussion in science, society and politics;
- advancing the scientific interconnectedness and thereby promoting the German, European and international discourse.
Information provided by DRZE
The category In Focus provides information about current bioethical issues. It concisely illustrates the respective present status of the ethical discussion as well as the medical-scientific and legal backgrounds.
- Bioethics literature can be searched in the largest bioethics literature database worldwide (BELIT).
- The trilingual Thesaurus can be consulted for the systematic search for bioethics literature.
- The Bioethics Links provide a structured, partly annotated web catalogue facilitating comfortable access to web resources concerning bioethical issues.
- The Bioethics Communication and Information System BEKIS provides access to national and international research projects in the field of bioethics.